Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tactical Innovations 10/22 Cohort Pistol

Tactical Innovations has developed, what looks to be, a wonderful alternative to Ruger's Charger pistol. Though based on the classic 10/22 design the Cohort does have some significant differences. Most notably is the fact that has a rear charging receiver, as opposed to the side charging 10/22 series. It has a nice compact 4.5" barrel. Infinitely shorter than the 10" barrel of the Charger pistol.

I absolutely do not like that it has no iron sights. It does have a picatinney rail to mount optics or flip up sights. I think it a strange omission to not have iron sights on such an obviously close quarter gun...but that's just me I 'spose.

I always fancied the old Intratec Tec-22. I liked it's compactness, high capacity and ease of access to 22lr ammunition. Tactical Innovation's new Cohort pistol hearkens back to the Tec-22, but with the reliability of the 10/22 platform. Sure, it's bigger than the Tec-22, but it still plays the part.


No comments:

Post a Comment